This meeting is to help parents and students understand the string program at the elementary level.
***** ALL STRING STUDENTS MUST REGISTER ON OUR WEBSITE: hhelementarystrings.com
Instruments offered are; violin, viola, cello, double bass
- One thirty minute lesson will be given during the school day. Check for assigned day.(A-E)
- Lessons may be on a rotating or permanent schedule, depending on teacher’s choice.
- Instruments should be brought to school on lesson day ONLY and returned home at the end of the day.
- Please be careful with instruments at the bus stop. DO NOT TAKE THEM OUT OF THE CASE.
- Average of 5 times a week is suggested.
- Each practice should be 15-20 minutes.
- Teacher will write assignments and weekly evaluations on current page in book or on assignment paper. Parents should monitor assignments and check our website for help.
- Progress reports will be issued for the 2nd and 3rd marking periods.
Lesson book and Accessories
- “All for Strings” by Frost is the lesson book. (Book I)
- Folding music stand is needed for at home practice.
- A shoulder pad is necessary for the student to be comfortable and have a good position. Rosin is needed to keep the bow in playing condition.
Tuning and Repairs
- Instruments will be tuned every week. Students should not bump or play with the pegs. They will not be able to tune their own instruments for the first year.
- If a string breaks the teacher can put on a new string. Parents need to purchase the string and send it into school with the student.
Orchestra Rehearsals and Concert
- All 4th grade string students will present a concert on April 24, 7:30 PM in the Forum at Simmons.
- Rehearsals will be after school beginning the middle of February.. They will be on rotating basis to accommodate everyone’s schedule. Students will be bused to Simmons and parents will pick up at 5 PM at Simmons.
Mrs. Sudall’s Schedule 2013-2014
- A Day Blair Mill
- B Day Hallowell AM, Crooked Billet PM
- C Day 4th grade Simmons
- D day Pennypack
- E day 5th grade Simmons
If you are searching for an instrument on the internet, please make sure you get the correct size.